Transitioning Summer clothes into Autumn | Lucy's picks

17:38:00

So summer has gone and we are, rather quickly, moving into autumnal - or 'fall' - months here in England. We actually had quite a lovely summer this year so I could wear my summer clothes. However, if you're like me and can't fork out for a whole new autumn wardrobe, then here are some ideas to transform your summer outfits into cosy, warm outfits for autumn.

This first outfit is a simple dress that was quite simple to change for autumn. It was perfect for summer as it is light weight and easy to wear.

Dress: Primark £5.  (bargin!!)

To make it warmer for autumn all I did to this outfit was add an oversized jumper and scarf. This gives the dress versatility as you can also make it look like a skirt.

Jumper: Boohoo.com ~ £15
Scarf: Primark 

With this outfit I added chunky knit socks to show above my Timberland inspired boots with a small heel. I also added a cute hair bow because I love my bows. :-)


Socks: Primark
Boots: New Look


Hair bow: American Apparel ~ £9

For my second outfit I have a light weight skater skirt with a collared blouse. I think this is an easy outfit to put together and can be worn anywhere.


Blouse: New Look
Skirt: Boohoo.com ~ £8
Belt: Primark

To make this outfit more suitable for autumn I added a jumper so that the collar of the blouse shows over the top. This just adds an extra layer to the outfit and makes it warmer. If you like to accessorise your outfits then I think that a long necklace would look nice.

  
Jumper: Boohoo.com ~ £15

For a different option, I also added a knit cardigan to this outfit to give it that autumnal touch.


Cardigan: Primark 

With this outfit I wore some Converse inspired shoes and some frilled socks that show over the top. I love the way this looks and it just pulls the outfit together.


Shoes: New Look
Socks: Topshop

And of course I have to have my bow!


Bow:  Peacocks

 So there are some easy and inexpensive ways to transition your clothes from summer into autumn.

Which outfit was your favourite? 
If you want to see any more posts like this let us know in the comments because I enjoyed doing this :-)

~ Lucy xx





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Photography information

Canon 600D with 18-55mm lens, Canon 24mm lens or Sigma 70-300mm lens. Canon EOS M with 18-55mm lens or Canon 24mm lens. Any edited photos are edited using Photoshop CS6. Picture source is given for any photo used that is not directly ours.