Maybelline baby skin instant pore eraser primer | Review

14:02:00


Last summer the beauty sphere went crazy over the Maybelline baby lips which developed a cult following following their release in the US - I never personally bought into the baby lips hype however I know that Lucy quite liked them. Now enters the baby skin instant pore eraser primer - which is a bit of a mouthful - retailing at £7.99, to join the line of ‘baby’ products. I had quite high expectations for this after hearing many other beauty blogs state that it is a good alternative to the likes of Benefits POREfessional and Smashbox photo finish light

The product is marketed to be a pore minimising primer to create an even, matte base before the application of foundation - but can also be used as a stand alone product. The product itself is a clear gel-like formula which creates a matte base to apply foundation onto. As this product contains dimethicone it is a silicone primer rather than a serum like the Bourjois primers or a cream like the Rimmel primers. The texture, although gel like, is very strange - to me anyway. I can’t pinpoint what it feels like but when you first apply it to the face it feels almost greasy - although it isn’t at all - I’m assuming this is because it’s silicone based which is unlike any primer I’ve used in the past.

From my experience of testing this product for over a month I can say that this primer does minimise pores. After my foundation and other makeup is applied my relatively large pores around my nose appear much smaller than they actually do without the use of primer. However, this primer doesn’t keep my skin matte any longer than when I don’t use a primer and doesn’t particularly increase the longevity of my makeup either - if anything the longevity decreases as my foundation seems to disintegrate where the primer has been applied - which for me is the main purpose of a primer. However, this could be because I have rather oily skin.

All in all a good product if you have normal-dry skin and suffer from largish pores, however if you have oily skin like me I’d give it a miss.



What are your thoughts on the baby skin primer?

~ Jade xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Photography information

Canon 600D with 18-55mm lens, Canon 24mm lens or Sigma 70-300mm lens. Canon EOS M with 18-55mm lens or Canon 24mm lens. Any edited photos are edited using Photoshop CS6. Picture source is given for any photo used that is not directly ours.