Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation | Review

12:53:00

Recently I’ve been trying out a couple of new foundations from the high street. One new release and one that’s been around for a while. My thoughts on the new release will be coming soon but for now I have my thoughts on the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum to share with you all. 

“Fresh and instant blending gel texture blends and glides onto the skin for an even, natural finish with no mask effect. Imperfections are erased, signs of fatigue are smoothed and the skin’s radiance is boosted for up to 16 hours”

I have tried the original Healthy Mix in the past - although it has since been re-formulated - but have never tried the serum version. When I picked this up I was looking for something with a bit more of a ‘glow’ but without being too dewy. Although I have oily skin I often find that more matte foundations can make my skin look very dull and flat, however too dewy of a foundation makes me look like a grease ball within five minutes.

This foundation blends into the skin beautifully. When pumped onto the back of the hand before applying to the face you can feel the gel texture and its very easy to apply, no streaks and no mask effect. It doesn’t have loads of coverage so its good for days when you only want a bit of something so you don’t look dead but I have been mixing it with my beloved L’Oreal Infallible foundation - review here - on days where I want more coverage but still want to retain the radiance that the Bourjois gives.

As an oily skin girl I have to powder a few times during the day and this foundation is no exception to that, although I didn’t expect it to be since it is a radiance-boosting foundation, that being said it still lasts a good eight hours before completely disintegrating. There is only a disappointing six shades for this foundation - and the shade range lacks across the board for Bourjois - and I use the lightest shade. This foundation comes in at £10.99 available at Boots so its quite pricey for a high street foundation offering however I do really like it and will repurchase it. Not so great for someone who likes a lot of coverage but the finish is lovely.

What’s your current favourite base?

~ Jade xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Photography information

Canon 600D with 18-55mm lens, Canon 24mm lens or Sigma 70-300mm lens. Canon EOS M with 18-55mm lens or Canon 24mm lens. Any edited photos are edited using Photoshop CS6. Picture source is given for any photo used that is not directly ours.