Worth the hype? | Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer

09:40:00

The Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer has been getting a lot of buzz recently. Its been out a fair while however it seems to have just caught on, a little late some might say. I decided to pick it up after hearing so many things about it wondering, is it really worth the hype? 

Quite simply, no. I don't think it is worth the hype and I'll explain why. Firstly the packaging really irks me. Although this product is meant to be used under the eyes rather than on blemishes the sponge applicator on the end still screams bacteria collector to me which isn't a good thing. There's not a lot you can do about it either, unless you remove the sponge but I'm not sure how well that would work. 

Then there's the amount of wasted product you get. I've only used mine maybe five times and it's already nearly half way gone. The sponge collects a lot of the product which you can't get out so you end up using a lot more than you need to. 

Besides the packaging though I also don't like the main event, the actual product inside. It's marketed as an 'anti-age' under eye concealer which is supposed to banish dark circles and fine lines. That to me means it would be light in texture and also reflective to bring light to the area but this product is neither of those things. I find the product to be quite heavy for an under eye concealer which seems to bring down my under eye area rather than lift it and because of the heavy nature I find it creases easily - not so good if you have fine lines. It's also not a lightening product so for me it doesn't do anything in the way of rewinding my age - not that I really need to as I'm still under twenty but that's besides the point. I'm also really disappointed with the shade range. Generally you want your under eye concealer to be a couple of shades lighter than your skin tone to highlight the area and rid any dark circles. I have the lightest shade of this concealer and it's far too dark for under the eye, it's even to dark too use on the rest of my face and I'm not a fair skinned girl. 

All in all despite hearing so many good things about this product it really didn't do it for me at all, maybe it's overhyped to the point my expectations were so high it could never perform that well. I don't know but what I do know is I shan't be picking this up again.

Have you tried the Maybelline Age Rewind concealer? 

~ Jade xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Photography information

Canon 600D with 18-55mm lens, Canon 24mm lens or Sigma 70-300mm lens. Canon EOS M with 18-55mm lens or Canon 24mm lens. Any edited photos are edited using Photoshop CS6. Picture source is given for any photo used that is not directly ours.