Maybelline Dream Flawless Nude Foundation | Review

17:54:00

“Ultra-fine, lightweight formula that is 12x finer can be applied like face cream, blend instantly onto skin, give impeccable yet undetectable coverage, coverage which is buildable but still looks and feels natural, no heavy caked-on effect, our special teardrop shape applicator delivers the perfect amount of product for fuss-free application.”

The Maybelline Dream Flawless Nude foundation has been in my possession for a while since it was first released in the UK and at first I really disliked it, to the point where I put it in a draw and forgot about it. Over the past week I decided to give it another try and my opinion has changed somewhat so I thought that I would share my musings. 

The formula of this foundation is unlike anything I’ve ever tried before. It’s extremely thin and almost like water so application is best done with hands rather than a sponge or brush as the fibres just soak up the product. It blends without any effort so its great if you don’t have a lot of time to get ready. Personally I don’t see the point in the applicator as I put it onto the back of my hand before applying anyway so I don’t get bacteria in the product but I've heard it takes forever for the product to drop from the applicator. 

This foundation has a matte finish and sticks to any dry patches so is definitely a miss for combination and dry skinned people. The coverage is barely there, it evens out the complexion overall but does little in the way of covering blemishes, hyper pigmentation  or dark circles so concealer is a must but because of this and the texture of the formula it is virtually undetectable on the skin and still lets your natural skin shine through so its great if you don’t have much to cover. There is also only eight shades for this foundation and they are all very orange in colour so it is quite hard to find a match - my shade is off but as its quite sheer you can’t really notice it by time concealer is applied.

That being said I do like this foundation on days where I want something on my face but I don’t need the coverage that my L’Oreal Infallible gives - review here - and it would also be a good summer foundation because of how light it is however it won’t be taking a place on my top foundations list.

Have you tried the new release from Maybelline?

~ Jade xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Photography information

Canon 600D with 18-55mm lens, Canon 24mm lens or Sigma 70-300mm lens. Canon EOS M with 18-55mm lens or Canon 24mm lens. Any edited photos are edited using Photoshop CS6. Picture source is given for any photo used that is not directly ours.