Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara | Review

09:00:00

“Inner bristles capture the tiniest lashes you didn’t know you had whilst outer bristles volumise & define the look of longer lashes. From corner to corner, top to bottom, no lash is left behind. Our liquid ink formula, with a low wax count creates the blackest of black lashes that are so dark and defined. Layers can be built without clumping.”

I picked up the Lash Sensational Mascara from Boots the same time I picked up the Maybelline Dream Flawless Nude Foundation - review here - and like with the foundation at first I wasn’t a fan. I’m incredibly picky when it comes to mascara as my natural lashes are long but they don’t hold a curl very well so I like something which will lift and give volume without clumping. For a while I wore fake lashes nearly everyday because where a curl drops so easily, my lashes often disappeared into my eyeliner as I'm a big fan of graphic liner. 

When I first tried this mascara I found that it didn’t really hold a curl and wasn’t as volumising as I wanted it to be. It also didn’t separate the lashes and also they didn’t clump per say they did stick together in some places. However upon giving it another chance I’ve found that you need to really build it up whilst the first coat is wet. Don’t do one coat leave it and come back for another as the volume won’t build. After I got the hang on this my lashes looked curled, volumised and full as the curved brush makes it really easy to get even the shortest of lashes. A couple of months ago I reviewed the Benefits Roller Lash Mascara - see it here - and personally, I prefer the Maybelline offering - it's a lot cheaper too.

Have you tried the Lash Sensational Mascara?

~ Jade xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Photography information

Canon 600D with 18-55mm lens, Canon 24mm lens or Sigma 70-300mm lens. Canon EOS M with 18-55mm lens or Canon 24mm lens. Any edited photos are edited using Photoshop CS6. Picture source is given for any photo used that is not directly ours.