Current Favourites | #9

09:00:00

Over the past few months I have been feeling much more adventurous with my makeup. Recently I have been enjoying trying different looks, out of my comfort zone, with new products. Here are some of the products that have made the cut of my top 5 favourites:

Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner - 063 Eastend Snob | I bought this mainly due to the recent Kylie Jenner 'plumped' lip craze. I personally don’t like to go quite as big as Kylie does but this liner is great to give a natural bigger look to your lips. I like that it isn’t too nude as I have naturally quite dark lips so it blends in well, and it also lasts all day. As it gives a matte finish I think it would go great with the much sought after 'Velvet Teddy' by MAC but if you can't get your hands on Velvet Teddy or would prefer a cheaper alternative, I like to wear this lip liner with either 03 - post here - or 08 from the Kate Moss x Rimmel range.

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - SweetTart | I feel like I'm a little late to the game with this one. These lip butters were quite the rage a couple of years ago and I already had one in my collection, although it isn't a colour I grab for so often. 'Sweet Tart' is the perfect pink for me, which will be perfect to wear during the spring/summer months coming up. As the name suggests the formula is lovely and smooth on your lips and is very easy to wear. One layer gives a sheer colour or it can be built up to be more opaque. Although it doesn’t last a long time on the lips, it gives a nice shine and is a product that wears nicely so you don’t have to worry too much about reapplication.

Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer - '220 Perfect Plum' | This is a much unexpected love of mine, I bought this late last year to give an autumnal colour to my eyes. I liked that it wasn’t too purple but it was enough to not look black or too intense. As a lot of the time I have to be ready for work by half 7 in the morning - a big struggle for me - I use this just to add a bit of something to my top lashes rather than spending time trying to create the perfect black line. It smudges easily and is quick to use on days where you don’t have time to do much with your makeup but want it to look like you do! I also find this great to add a bit of colour to my lower lashes for a more smokey look - when I have time to do something more interesting with my make up that is. I will definitely be looking out for more colours when I go to pick up another one of these. I didn’t expect much but have used it so much that it's almost time to buy a new one, although I think the purple has been discontinued which I'm very upset about.

L'Oreal Super Liner Perfect Slim - Intense Black | On the other end of the scale, this is my favourite eye liner to - attempt - a winged liner look. My hooded eyes make this a very difficult task for me but this eyeliner has changed that. I've tried many of these 'felt tip' liners in the past but none of them have worked out too well for me. Jade had always told me how great she thought this liner is so I thought that I would give it a try - thanks Jade! The tip of the liner is very fine so it allows me do small lines to plot out the wing and gradually build it up but is also great to just do a simple thin line. I would definitely recommend this liner for those with hooded eyes.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Concealer - 010 Porcelain | I won't go on too much about this product as Jade has already reviewed it - which can be seen here - but I've also been really enjoying using this concealer. In contrast to Jade I like to put this in the inner corner of my under eyes as it's the only concealer I've found which is light enough to brighten underneath my eyes. That being said I have found it to be a love/hate product as it takes a while to work out how best to use it. As Jade mentions in her post, it is thick in consistency so it is best to warm up the product before use. I also find it works very well if I apply the concealer before my foundation, I never used to like doing this as I used concealer to cover whatever my foundation didn't, but I found that my makeup tended to go patchy throughout the day. This way of application has completely changed the way my makeup looks on my skin. Putting this concealer on first means I use less foundation and it goes on smoother and lasts a lot better on my skin. Also, where the concealer is think and slightly drier in consistency, when putting foundation on over the top, it doesn’t move around and stays in place all day. The dryness also, I have found, helps dry up any spots you have making them go quicker. Which is always a good thing!

What are your go to products at the moment?

~ Lucy xo

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I have really enjoyed the maybelline 10 hr lip stains!

    www.fevrierrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Photography information

Canon 600D with 18-55mm lens, Canon 24mm lens or Sigma 70-300mm lens. Canon EOS M with 18-55mm lens or Canon 24mm lens. Any edited photos are edited using Photoshop CS6. Picture source is given for any photo used that is not directly ours.