My Love Affair with Lip Pencils | Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liners

12:00:00

Lip liner was never something I used to be into. I would always skip past looking at lip liners, instead heading straight for the lipsticks thinking that they didn’t really make a difference, they weren’t really necessary. Whilst they certainly aren’t necessary, they really do make a difference, something I discovered fairly recently. My love affair with lip liner, more specifically the Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liners came one time when Lucy and me were getting ready for a night out and she made me try hers. I would say it was love at first sight if I believed in that sort of thing.

The Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liners stick around for a long while, are highly pigmented but are still soft and moveable. They also come in a retractable pencil so there isn’t need for a sharpener which makes them an A+ in my book. My favourite shades are East End Snob which I love to wear underneath the Kate Moss x Rimmel Lipsticks in 03 and 08 - and is also a great dupe for Charlotte Tilbury’s Lip Cheat Lip Liner in Pillow Talk - Addiction which is also great underneath 03 but I also love underneath the Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Nude Delight, and Obsession which is great underneath Charlotte Tilbury's Matte Revolution Lipstick in Bond Girl. These liners are also a steal at just £3.99, I just wish there were more shades.

My favourite thing about lip liners though, besides making your lipstick last a lot longer and be more pigmented, is that you can perfect and ‘cheat’ your lips slightly. Now, personally I’m not into the whole Kylie Jenner, make your lips three sizes bigger thing - if you are then kudos to you, but it isn’t more me - however I do like to balance my lips out slightly as my bottom lip is slightly more full than my top lip and lip liner is the easiest way to do this. You can also exaggerate your cupids bow with lip liner or cancel it out if you think yours is too pronounced. Really, lip liner is a great tool to have in your arsenal and a weapon every girl should keep up their sleeve.

What’re your favourite lip liners?

~ Jade xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Photography information

Canon 600D with 18-55mm lens, Canon 24mm lens or Sigma 70-300mm lens. Canon EOS M with 18-55mm lens or Canon 24mm lens. Any edited photos are edited using Photoshop CS6. Picture source is given for any photo used that is not directly ours.